After 26 years Blood Duster call it a day announcing their last ever gig. While Blood Duster have had a great run of way too much fun with way too may rad people we feel that the time is right to put an end to all this before we really start doing things for the wrong reasons.
Don’t get us wrong we love playing and when the band gets together for a show we almost always have the most fun out of anyone in the room, but the preparation to be able to play have that fun is now becoming too much.
Half assing it on our own terms has always been ok, half assing it simply for cash is something we don’t wan’t to do.
BLOOD DUSTER have always prided ourselves on doing our shit on our own terms, our own way, and fuck everyone else. We feel that we have stayed pretty true to that over the 26 years and 4 months that we have been around.
Our natural inclination as a band was to do the opposite of what people wanted. Sometimes that lost us fans, but we could always look at ourselves and know we did the right thing for all the wrong reasons.
Blood Duster’s last show is at the Corner Hotel on 9 December with our friends FUCK … I’M DEAD who are back from the dead for this show. CONTAMINATED will bring some grime, Neck Grip will bring their chainsaw death metal, REAPER will be keeping shit frosty , BLUNT SHOVEL will be idiots, DEAD ROOT will something something and CHRIST CRUSHER will crush. I got bored writing the other bands descriptions … Anyway it will be a sick show with sick bands!
Please come down and get wasted with us one last time! Tickets will be $6.66 and tickets or tickets at the door will be $4.50. This is as cheap as we can make the show without actually losing money … we could have done the cash in thing but it feels a little crass considering how much fun we’ve had with all of you.
Also As part of the winding down process we are compiling everything we can think of into album called “all the remains”. This is designed to give you access to all the rare/ never released/ B sides etc. in one easy to find place. So that no one has to write to us asking for stuff… after all we will be dead.
Download the entire thing from www.goatsound.com if you are into downloads or we will have copies on vinyl on the night.
Official release date for the download and the vinyl versions is Friday 20 October.
Vinyl is available on Magnetic South.
Blood Duster career highlights … In brief
- Telling James Hetfield of Metallica “Sorry, we are totally out of merch”.
- Apologising to Shane Embury for accidentally hitting him with stray piss.
- Being told by Justin Hawkins to “stop being silly”.
- Rizzo being sure Fergie was “cracking on to him”
- Inventing the Butt Shot while on tour in Europe.
- Having Darryl Cotton appear on a track with us.
- Trying to convince The Strokes to drive off on Drew Barrymore.
- Peeing in a guys mouth.
- Being repeatedly asked to stop partying and refusing for an entire tour on principle.
- Writing cunt on things and then convincing people to buy it.
- The Cunt album charting higher than Rhonda Burchmore’s album of the time.
- Making and not releasing the KVLT album.
- Punching other band members in the face for fun.
- Being awkward in the Basement Jaxx van.
- Being higher than Mike Williams at MDF.
- Having artwork banned by distributers.
- Seeing far too much penis from the audience making its way onto the stage.
- Doing lines with the Dwarves.
- Tony going to court for stage props.
- Coming to close to punching on with Danzig while he was playing.
- Getting treated like shit by Slayer and Chopper Reid coming to our defence.
- Beating Lars Ulrich at Ping Pong.
- Sharing bills with Mr Bungle, Carcass, Napalm Death, repulsion and pretty much everyone we have ever wanted to play with …